giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
•January 8th 2019 - £30,000 raised at the spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Eric Bibb, Van Morrison, Bernie .
• March 10th 2019 Mercer Surrey Half Marathon - Healthcare Partners Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) entered a team of five and smashed their fundraising target by raising £1,183.75 for the Urology Centre
• April 1st 2019 - John O'Gaunt Charity Golf Day
•April 6th Classical folk concert at Compton Village Hall, with surprise guest appearance.
• April 14th 2019 – Brighton Marathon – Helen Casson, one of our Prostate CNS completed the race and raised over £1,500 for the Stokes Centre for Urology at the Royal Surrey!!
• April 28th – London Marathon – John Turner raised over £1,500 for our cancer research team in memory of his cousin, Philip Lofthouse. Thanks John!!
• May 5th - Katie Dow ran the Southampton Marathon, raising over £1,100. Amazing result!
• May 8th - Mayor of Guildford Annual Meeting and lunch
• May 12th - Civic Service Holy Trinity Church, Guildford
• May 13th - Bordon Masonic Centre charity cheque presentations
• May 19th Annual Charity Walk, at Shalford Park, Guildford. Organised by Rotary Club of Guildford District.
• May 31st - Godalming and Villages Lions Club Quiz Night in aid of the Prostate Project
• June 3-5th Surrey County Cricket - Guildford Cricket Festival
• June 8th - Dunsborough Park (GU23 6AL) will be opening its gates again for the National Garden Scheme. 12-4pm. This day is being held in aid of the Prostate Project and Sepsis UK.
• June 22nd - 9-12.30. "PSA and Prostate Cancer an essential update for GPs". Sponsored by the PP at Compton Club. GPUPDATE
• June 22nd 'Treble Clef' joint choir concert with WMVC at the Christ Prince of Peace Church, Weybridge
• July 3rd – Merrist Wood Charity Golf Day – Seniors Captain Jim Hempseed has chosen PP for his charity of the year
• July 27--28th Hollywood Star Ed Asner is visiting the Electric Theatre, Guildford with his show 'A Man and His Prostate'. We had a stand on 27th July, raising awareness
• August 3-4th - Ride London. We have a team of riders from DISTRUPOL (Univar) in this race https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/TeamDistrupol. And Ruth Williams and Julie Spensley-Corfield have entered to raise money for us because between them they have a big family of men, one of whom is recovering from prostate cancer. https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/TheProstateProjectRide100
• September 4th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day - challenging course, delicious meal and very generous auction, raising enough money to fun a PhD student at our cancer research team
• September 6-7th Haslemere Beer Festival. Another fabulous two nights of beer, cider, gin and live music. Over £1,000 raised for PP via the raffle
• September 14th - 'An Evening with Kenny Jones & Friends' Charity Ball at the prestigious Wentworth Club. A star filled night with Kenny Jones and Sir Rod Stewart recreating Small Faces. Huge funds raised for the Prostate Project and European Tour Foundation
• May 'til September - Haslemere Hounds. The project is using local Artists and Schools to decorate more than 100 fibreglass Hounds that will be displayed throughout Haslemere.
Following the display period - The HOUND Parade - the Hounds will be sold off with the proceeds going to a variety of Charities and good causes. The Gurkha Durbar is supporting PP, with ‘Spotty’ the Hound
• October 19th - Milford Fireworks. Free gate entry. We have been chosen as their charity for the event
• November 22 - Spooks, Soup and Sausages! - 6pm.
Hear about ghostly goings on in Guildford over the centuries, followed by a warming supper! Ticket price and further information to follow. CivicSecretary@guildford.gov.uk.
• March 31 March 2020 Ladies Sparkling Springtime Afternoon Tea - details to be confirmed shortly
• September 4th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day
• February 14th 2020 - The Mayor of Guildford's Valentines Ball - Guildford Manor Hotel and Spa, Newlands Corner.
Ticket price £75 per person or £70 per person when booking a table of 10. further information: CivicSecretary@guildford.gov.uk.
• October 4th - The Full Monty Black Tie Fundraiser, 7.30pm at The Electric Theatre. Further details here
• October 12th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club. Join Sammy and his band on their international tour. A really popular event, tickets sell quickly. Ticket cost £25 and includes supper, cash bar. Please contact
email@example.com for tickets
• January 7th 2020 - Paul Jones and Friends - GLive, Guildford. Sold out.
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 5%.