giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
•January 8th 2019 - £30,000 raised at the spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Eric Bibb, Van Morrison, Bernie .
• March 10th 2019 Mercer Surrey Half Marathon - Healthcare Partners Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) entered a team of five and smashed their fundraising target by raising £1,183.75 for the Urology Centre
• April 1st 2019 - John O'Gaunt Charity Golf Day
•April 6th Classical folk concert at Compton Village Hall, with surprise guest appearance.
• April 14th 2019 – Brighton Marathon – Helen Casson, one of our Prostate CNS completed the race and raised over £1,500 for the Stokes Centre for Urology at the Royal Surrey!!
• April 28th – London Marathon – John Turner raised over £1,500 for our cancer research team in memory of his cousin, Philip Lofthouse. Thanks John!!
• May 5th - Katie Dow ran the Southampton Marathon, raising over £1,100. Amazing result!
• May 8th - Mayor of Guildford Annual Meeting and lunch
• May 12th - Civic Service Holy Trinity Church, Guildford
• May 13th - Bordon Masonic Centre charity cheque presentations
• May 19th Annual Charity Walk, at Shalford Park, Guildford. Organised by Rotary Club of Guildford District.
• May 31st - Godalming and Villages Lions Club Quiz Night in aid of the Prostate Project
• June 3-5th Surrey County Cricket - Guildford Cricket Festival
• June 8th - Dunsborough Park (GU23 6AL) will be opening its gates again for the National Garden Scheme. 12-4pm. This day is being held in aid of the Prostate Project and Sepsis UK.
• June 22nd - 9-12.30. "PSA and Prostate Cancer an essential update for GPs". Sponsored by the PP at Compton Club. GPUPDATE
• June 22nd 'Treble Clef' joint choir concert with WMVC at the Christ Prince of Peace Church, Weybridge
• July 3rd – Merrist Wood Charity Golf Day – Seniors Captain Jim Hempseed has chosen PP for his charity of the year
• July 27--28th Hollywood Star Ed Asner is visiting the Electric Theatre, Guildford with his show 'A Man and His Prostate'. We had a stand on 27th July, raising awareness
• August 3-4th - Ride London. We have a team of riders from DISTRUPOL (Univar) in this race https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/TeamDistrupol. And Ruth Williams and Julie Spensley-Corfield have entered to raise money for us because between them they have a big family of men, one of whom is recovering from prostate cancer. https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/TheProstateProjectRide100
• May 'til September - Haslemere Hounds. The Hounds will be sold off with the proceeds going to a variety of Charities and good causes. The Gurkha Durbar is supporting PP, with ‘Spotty’ the Hound
• September 4th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day - challenging course, delicious meal and very generous auction, raising enough money to fun a PhD student at our cancer research team
• September 6-7th Haslemere Beer Festival. Another fabulous two nights of beer, cider, gin and live music. Over £1,000 raised for PP via the raffle
• September 14th - 'An Evening with Kenny Jones & Friends' Charity Ball at the prestigious Wentworth Club. A star filled night with Kenny Jones and Sir Rod Stewart recreating Small Faces. Huge funds raised for the Prostate Project and European Tour Foundation
• October 4th - The Full Monty Black Tie Fundraiser, 7.30pm at The Electric Theatre
• October 12th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night - fantastic evening of jazz, raising over £3,000
• November 16 - Shalford Charity Christmas Fair - PP selected as one of the beneficiary charities
• November 22 - Spooks, Soup and Sausages - a ghostly tour of Guildford with the Mayor
• January 7th 2020 - Paul Jones and Friends GLive, Guildford - another sold out concert, raising a whopping £35,000 for the charity!
• February Leap Day Challenge with our friends from Virtual Racing
• February 28th 12-6pm. Solent NHS Trust are holding a Community Health and Wellbeing event at the West End Centre in Aldershot.
• March 31 March 2020 - Mayor of Guildford's Ladies Sparkling Springtime Afternoon Tea
• June 21st - Virtual Father's Day Event. Hosted by GreenAcres Heatherley Wood.
• July 24th -Aug 4th 2020 19:00-22:00: CineDrive at our Patron, Kenny Jones' Hurtwood Park Polo Club.
• May 25th - Mark Peel is running the 2020 Vitality London 10k for us. His Virgin moneygiving page is: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarkPeel1 Postponed until September 2020
• August 15th - 16th 2020
Virtual Prudential RideLondon – the world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on 15 - 16 August to celebrate cycling and raise funds to help save the UK’s charities which have been hit by COVID-19 .
This is an exciting, FREE event that can be done anywhere in the world. It offers people of all ages and abilities the chance to tackle a range of distances based on the events included in the traditional Prudential RideLondon weekend.
Participants who wish to ride for the Prostate Project need to register in advance and select their challenge at www.myridelondon.co.uk. The site will also provide a link to Virgin Money Giving where they can set up their fundraising page.
• November 16th- Dec 6th - Online Art Auction - a great opportunity to buy some unique Christmas presents! Over 40 local Surrey Artists have generously donated their original artwork for the auction. All proceeds to the Prostate Project. To look at the art and place your bids, click here
• Now- 6th December Light Up Your Homes - Seymours Estate Agents and the Prostate Project have come together to help bring a little cheer in your neighbourhood this festive season with our ‘Light up your Home’ competition to help raise some money for our charity. Read more here.
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 email@example.com Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 5%.