giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
• May 10th - Jackie Alliss PRO-AM Golf Day - blessed with glorious blue skies, another hugely successful fundraising day for the Prostate Project
• June 21-25th 2018 - Dicken Richards , Luke Moorhead and Peter Jones successfully completed the 5 Peaks Challenge; ascended and descended Snowdon, Scaffell Pike, Ben Nevis, Slieve Donard and finally Carrantuohill in under 47hrs 30 mins! Wow! Donate at:https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/5peaksfundraiser
• July 8th - Macmillan Classic Car Show, Clandon Park House Guildford
• July 17th - Hoebridge Charity Golf Day
• July 19th - Univar Golf Day
• July 28–29th - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce raised phenomenal £13,000!
• September 7-8th Haslemere Beer Festival - over £1,000 raised from the raffle!
• September 22nd - Free PSA testing at the Georgian Hotel, Haslemere
• October 20th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club - a fab evening and about £3,000 raised!
• November 19th - is International Men's Day. As 1 in 8 men will get Prostate Cancer, Virtual Racing has devised an 8 mile challenge - run, walk, cycle or TRI. 20% of every fee will come to us
• November 17th - Shalford Christmas Charity Sale at Shalford Village Hall
• November 26th - a fully booked and fascinating Open Meeting "Empowering the Immune System to Conquer Cancer" by Surrey Cancer Research Institute (SCRI)
• December 14th - a wonderful Christmas concert by Rushmoor Odd Fellows Male Voice Choir
•January 8th 2019 - £30,000 raised at the spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Eric Bibb, Van Morrison, Bernie .
• March 10th 2019 Mercer Surrey Half Marathon - Healthcare Partners Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) entered a team of five and smashed their fundraising target by raising £1,183.75 for the Urology Centre
• April 1st 2019 - John O'Gaunt Charity Golf Day
•April 6th Classical folk concert at Compton Village Hall, with surprise guest appearance.
• April 14th 2019 – Brighton Marathon – Helen Casson, one of our Prostate CNS completed the race and raised over £1,500 for the Stokes Centre for Urology at the Royal Surrey!!
• April 28th – London Marathon – John Turner raised over £1,500 for our cancer research team in memory of his cousin, Philip Lofthouse. Thanks John!!
• May 5th - Katie Dow ran the Southampton Marathon, raising over £1,100. Amazing result!
• May 8th - Mayor of Guildford Annual Meeting and lunch
• May 12th - Civic Service Holy Trinity Church, Guildford
• May 13th - Bordon Masonic Centre charity cheque presentations
• May 19th Annual Charity Walk, at Shalford Park, Guildford. Organised by Rotary Club of Guildford District.
• May 31st - Godalming and Villages Lions Club Quiz Night in aid of the Prostate Project
• August 3-4th - Ride London. We have a team of riders from DISTRUPOL (Univar) in this race https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/TeamDistrupol
And Ruth Williams and Julie Spensley-Corfield have entered to raise money for us because between them they have a big family of men, one of whom is recovering from prostate cancer.
• June 3-5th Surrey County Cricket - Guildford Cricket Festival
• June 8th - Dunsborough Park (GU23 6AL) will be opening its gates again for the National Garden Scheme. 12-4pm. This day is being held in aid of the Prostate Project and Sepsis UK.
• June 22nd - 9-12.30. "PSA and Prostate Cancer an essential update for GPs". Sponsored by the PP at Compton Club. GPUPDATE
• July 5th - Mayoress of Guildford holding a ladies lunch on Friday, 5th July at The County Club. Our Chair is guest speaker "Looking after our husbands, sons and fathers ''. Tickets £45
More details here
• June 20th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day
• July 3rd – Merrist Wood Charity Golf Day – Seniors Captain Jim Hempseed has chosen PP for his charity of the year
• September 14th - Charity Ball at the prestigious Wentworth Club. A star filled night with Kenny Jones and Sir Rod Stewart recreating Small Faces. Details to follow.
• June 22nd 'Treble Clef' joint choir concert with WMVC at the Christ Prince of Peace Church, Weybridge 7.30pm. Tickets £10, from 01252 326 514 or weybridgemvc.org.uk/on-line-shop
• October 12th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club. Join Sammy and his band on their international tour. A really popular event, tickets sell quickly. Ticket includes supper, cash bar.
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 email@example.com Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 5%.