giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 4%.
•April 24th Huge congratulation to Mat Apsey-Brown, who completed the London marathon in 3h58m and 12secs, whilst raising the grand total of £3901 for the Prostate Project and Victa. Fantastic achievement!!
•Godalming Rotary Club has raised over £1,000 through a sponsored walk. Thank you!
We were selected for Waitrose, Guildford Community Matters Green Token Scheme during the month of May and received £420!
•June - Gary Jones raised a whopping £1,263.82 cycling Morecambe to Bridlington
•June 9th - Hankley Common Golf Day
•June 12th - Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery at Chiddingfold annual fete
•June 20th - second annual Surrey Cancer Research Institute (SCRI) and King’s Health Partners cancer research conference at Guy’s Campus, King’s College London.
•July 9th Surrey Festival Choir - Dorking Halls - a wonderful concert, with over £1,000 raised in the retiring collection
•July 26th - The Drift Ladies Captain Day
•31 July 2016 - A team of riders from Salesforce took on the Olympic Road Cycle course in the Ride London 100 Mile Cycle Sportive. Some of the gang were super fit and some of them were "tail end charlies", but together they have raised a whopping £10,000 and still counting https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/salesforceprostateproject!
•September - Lesley & Gary Lock cycled 105 miles, stage 4 of the Deloitte Ride Across Britian and raised over £2,000! Fantastic effort, thank you
•September 17th - Jackie Alliss’s 17th and final golf day at Hindhead Golf Club
•September 28th - another wonderful jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club, by the Sammy Rimington Jazz Band. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the world class jazz playing, and over £2,000 raised
•September 10-18th - Russ Stephens cycled 600 miles in 6 days and raised £1,472.50. Russ' fundraising page is still open: https:/mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/russstephens1
•Gareth Corbett raised nearly £100 for us growing a moustache for November - great hairy effort Gareth!
•March 12th Surrey Half Marathon 2017. James Pitt is running the half marathon and has already raised nearly £1,800. To donate, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JamesPitt2
March 23rd - update research presentation by our oncology team at The Leggett Building. They will present their achievements of the past year and outline their exciting scientific research programme for the future.
• March 25th - Guildford Lions/PP free PSA testing day. 112 tested, identified 7 who needed further investigation
• April 10th - Jock Allan charity golf day at the John O' Gaunt Golf Club
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• May 7th charity golf day being run for PP by Arthur Jackson at Sandy Lodge Golf Club.
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• June 10th - gig by Fake ID at the Star Inn pub, Guildford. All proceeds to go to PP
• June 4th Plume of Feathers Crondall Triathalon - undertaken by our trustee Bruce Montgomery
• June 18th – AmyLou BBQ and Jazz night at the Sun Pub, Godalming.
• June 24th Surrey Three Peaks - Mike McConnell and his team signed up for the challenge on our behalf
• July 17th - Hoebridge Golf Club charity day
• July 20th – Univar Charity Golf Day
• July 30th - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce took on the Olympic Road Cycle course in the Ride London 100 Mile Cycle Sportive
• August 4th - Seymour Golf Day at the West Surrey Golf Club
• August 12th John Walsh band, at The Swan, Ash Vale
• August 29th Seniors Captains Day at John O'Gaunt Golf Club
• September 8th – Hazelmere Rotary Club golf day at Foxbridge Golf Club
• September 8th & 9th - Haslemere Beer Festival
• September 9th - Boxing Match, Farnham
• September 16th - Weybridge Male Voice Choir Autumn Concert. Nearly £800 raised from the retiring collection, thank you!
• September 17th - LEJOG cycle ride by Alistair Collins. 969 miles in just 9 days! And over £6,000 raised!!
• September 17th - Deloitte Ride Across Britain LEJOG by Russell Johnson - over £3,000 raised!
• September 20th - Annual Members Meeting at Royal Surrey County Hospital
• October 7th - Live music from Side Project at The Bear in Hungerford
• October 14th Sammy Rimington Jazz Band - a fabulous jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club, with thanks to Barry Price for his support
• October 14th Saddle Sand Sea Black Tie Charity Ball - amazing night of fundraising
• October 15th - Colin Mason completed the inaugural Birmingham International Marathon, raising £1,225!
• October 20th - 9am-3pm Prostate Project stall at The Pepperpot, Godalming High Street.
• November 8th - Colin Stokes to give a talk to Cranleigh Lions
• November 13th-16th - Longacres Garden Centre Christmas raffle - the best ever raffle! Nearly £3,500 raised!
• November 25th - fabulous Classical Folk concert at Compton Village Hall, raising over £1,000!
•Sand Saddle Sea Challenge: Paddy Montgomery has 3 years to: Saddle: Race 2,933 miles across France in 12 days Sand: Run 156 miles (6 marathons) across the Sahara desert in 6 days. Saddle and Sand completed. Next up - Sea: Row 3,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, the world’s second largest ocean. Paddy and Seamus due to depart 12th Dec 2017. Good luck! https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/SaddleSandSea
•June 21-25th 2018 Dicken Richards , Luke Moorhead and Peter Jones, are training to undertake the 5 Peaks Challenge; ascend and descend Snowdon, Scaffell Pike, Ben Nevis, Slieve Donard and finally Carrantuohill in under 48hrs!
Their fundraising target is £3,500.
• November 12th - cheque presentation from Hoebridge Golf Club
• March 20 -24, 2018 – Haslemere Players present 'The Full Monty' - production of the American musical stage adaption of the brave, blockbuster 1997 film. The appointed the Prostate Project to be the charity for this show.tickets: http://www.haslemereplayers.com/upcoming-shows/