giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
•July 11- London and Middlesex Rifle Club - prize draw and fun day raised nearly £300 for us!
•January 29th 2016 Celebration of a decade of successful cancer research by our oncology team at the University of Surrey
•March 13th - Surrey Half Marathon - Naomi Freed raised an amazing £850 whilst completing the run in 2hrs 34! Congratulations also to Caroline Christie.
•April 14th - the Surrey Cancer Research Institute (SCRI) held it's general public meeting, Advances in Cancer Surgery is at the Guildford Guildhall
•April 17th - Paddy and Seamus have completed the second stage of their phenomenal Saddle Sand Sea tri-athlon; a multi-day ‘ultra-marathon’ - 156 miles (six marathons) in six days across the Sahara desert!
•April 18th John O’Gaunt Golf Day - a great day was had by all, with all money raised supporting PhD student Mehreen Arif with our cancer research team at the University of Surrey. With a special thank you to Jock Allan.
•April 24th Huge congratulation to Mat Apsey-Brown, who completed the London marathon in 3h58m and 12secs, whilst raising the grand total of £3901 for the Prostate Project and Victa. Fantastic achievement!!
•Godalming Rotary Club has raised over £1,000 through a sponsored walk. Thank you!
We were selected for Waitrose, Guildford Community Matters Green Token Scheme during the month of May and received £420!
•June - Gary Jones raised a whopping £1,263.82 cycling Morecambe to Bridlington
•June 9th - Hankley Common Golf Day
•June 12th - Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery at Chiddingfold annual fete
•June 20th - second annual Surrey Cancer Research Institute (SCRI) and King’s Health Partners cancer research conference at Guy’s Campus, King’s College London.
•July 9th Surrey Festival Choir - Dorking Halls - a wonderful concert, with over £1,000 raised in the retiring collection
•July 26th - The Drift Ladies Captain Day
•31 July 2016 - A team of riders from Salesforce took on the Olympic Road Cycle course in the Ride London 100 Mile Cycle Sportive. Some of the gang were super fit and some of them were "tail end charlies", but together they have raised a whopping £10,000 and still counting https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/salesforceprostateproject!
•September - Lesley & Gary Lock cycled 105 miles, stage 4 of the Deloitte Ride Across Britian and raised over £2,000! Fantastic effort, thank you
•September 17th - Jackie Alliss’s 17th and final golf day at Hindhead Golf Club
•September 28th - another wonderful jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club, by the Sammy Rimington Jazz Band. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the world class jazz playing, and over £2,000 raised
•September 10-18th - Russ Stephens cycled 600 miles in 6 days and raised £1,472.50. Russ' fundraising page is still open: https:/mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/russstephens1
•Gareth Corbett raised nearly £100 for us growing a moustache for November - great hairy effort Gareth!
•March 12th Surrey Half Marathon 2017. James Pitt is running the half marathon and has already raised nearly £1,800. To donate, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JamesPitt2
March 23rd - update research presentation by our oncology team at The Leggett Building. They will present their achievements of the past year and outline their exciting scientific research programme for the future.
• March 25th - Guildford Lions/PP free PSA testing day. 112 tested, identified 7 who needed further investigation
• April 10th - Jock Allan charity golf day at the John O' Gaunt Golf Club
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• May 7th charity golf day being run for PP by Arthur Jackson at Sandy Lodge Golf Club.
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• June 10th - gig by Fake ID at the Star Inn pub, Guildford. All proceeds to go to PP
• June 4th Plume of Feathers Crondall Triathalon - undertaken by our trustee Bruce Montgomery
• June 18th – AmyLou BBQ and Jazz night at the Sun Pub, Godalming.
• June 24th Surrey Three Peaks - Mike McConnell and his team signed up for the challenge on our behalf
• July 17th - Hoebridge Golf Club charity day
• July 20th – Univar Charity Golf Day
•Sand Saddle Sea Challenge: Paddy Montgomery has 3 years to: Saddle: Race 2,933 miles across France in 12 days Sand: Run 156 miles (6 marathons) across the Sahara desert in 6 days Sea: Row 3,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, the world’s second largest ocean He hopes to for raise £150k plus for us!! Good luck! Ride London
• July 30th - Ride London
• September 17th - LEJOG cycle ride by Alistair Collins https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/alistaircollins969
• September 9th - Boxing Match, Farnham
• September 8th & 9th - Haslemere Beer Festival returns for its 11th year with more than 50 Real Ales, Ciders & Perries to enjoy! The Festival is supporting the Prostate Project, so come along and join us for a laid back atmosphere, live music and local produce. More details: http://haslemerebeerfestival.co.uk/
•August 4th - Seymour Golf Day at the West Surrey Golf Club. Contact Tim Sharp (email@example.com) for details
•August 29th Seniors Captains Day at John O'Gaunt Golf Club
•September 8th – Hazelmere Rotary Club golf day at Foxbridge Golf Club
• October 14th Saddle Sand Sea Black Tie Charity Ball at the Royal Garden Hotel. All profits to go to PP/Chase. To buy tickets: http://www.saddlesandsea.com/charity-ball
•August 12th John Walsh band, at The Swan, Ash Vale
• September 16th - Weybridge Male Voice Choir Autumn Concert. Retiring collection for PP. To buy tickets, click here
• October 14th Sammy Rimington Jazz Band - a fabulous jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club. Supper included. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
• November 25th Classical Folk concert at Compton Village Hall. Tickets: email@example.com
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 4%.