giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
• Jan 8th 2018 – spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Sir Tom Jones, Eric Clapton, Sir Eric Clapton. Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford.
• Jan 22nd Final leg of the epic Sand Saddle Sea triathlon : Paddy Montgomery & Seamus Crawford have spent last 3 year undertaking: Saddle: Race 2,933 miles across France in 12 days Sand: Run 156 miles (6 marathons) across the Sahara desert in 6 days. Sea: Row 3,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, the world’s second largest ocean. Over £100k raised. Truly awesome achievement.
• February 13th - PP chosen to be Guildford Pancake Races charity. Over £750 raised!
• March 20 -24 March – Haslemere Players presented hilarious production of 'The Full Monty' - all in aid of the Prostate Project
• May 10th - Jackie Alliss PRO-AM Golf Day - blessed with glorious blue skies, another hugely successful fundraising day for the Prostate Project
• June 21-25th 2018 - Dicken Richards , Luke Moorhead and Peter Jones successfully completed the 5 Peaks Challenge; ascended and descended Snowdon, Scaffell Pike, Ben Nevis, Slieve Donard and finally Carrantuohill in under 47hrs 30 mins! Wow! Donate at:https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/5peaksfundraiser
• July 8th - Macmillan Classic Car Show, Clandon Park House Guildford
• July 17th - Hoebridge Charity Golf Day
• July 19th - Univar Golf Day
• July 28–29th - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce raised phenomenal £13,000!
• September 7-8th Haslemere Beer Festival - over £1,000 raised from the raffle!
• September 22nd - Free PSA testing at the Georgian Hotel, Haslemere
• October 20th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club - a fab evening and about £3,000 raised!
• November 19th - is International Men's Day. As 1 in 8 men will get Prostate Cancer, Virtual Racing has devised an 8 mile challenge - run, walk, cycle or TRI. 20% of every fee will come to us
• November 17th - Shalford Christmas Charity Sale at Shalford Village Hall
• November 26th - a fully booked and fascinating Open Meeting "Empowering the Immune System to Conquer Cancer" by Surrey Cancer Research Institute (SCRI)
• December 14th - a wonderful Christmas concert by Rushmoor Odd Fellows Male Voice Choir
•January 8th 2019 - £30,000 raised at the spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Eric Bibb, Van Morrison, Bernie .
• April 14th 2019 – Brighton Marathon – Helen Casson, one of our Prostate CNS has signed up for this challenge to raise money for us. https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/helencasson1#.XFBU9uyKysA.gmail
• April 28th – London Marathon – John Turner is running this to raise money for our research team in memory of his cousin, Philip Lofthouse (http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SomeoneSpecial/PhilipLofthouse2)
• May 5th - Katie Dow is running the Southampton Marathon for us. Her fundraising page is here: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/katiedow1
• August 3-4th - Ride London
• April 1st 2019 - John O'Gaunt Charity Golf Day
• June 20th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day
• July 25th 2019 - Pro Am Golf day at Stoke Park
•tApril 6th Classical guitar concert at Compton Village Hall. Ticket includes fish and chip supper.
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 4%.