giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
•March 12th Surrey Half Marathon 2017. James Pitt is running the half marathon and has already raised nearly £1,800. To donate, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JamesPitt2
March 23rd - update research presentation by our oncology team at The Leggett Building. They will present their achievements of the past year and outline their exciting scientific research programme for the future.
• March 25th - Guildford Lions/PP free PSA testing day. 112 tested, identified 7 who needed further investigation
• April 10th - Jock Allan charity golf day at the John O' Gaunt Golf Club
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• May 7th charity golf day being run for PP by Arthur Jackson at Sandy Lodge Golf Club.
• April 6th / 8th - Fleet Lions Free PSA test day
• June 10th - gig by Fake ID at the Star Inn pub, Guildford. All proceeds to go to PP
• June 4th Plume of Feathers Crondall Triathalon - undertaken by our trustee Bruce Montgomery
• June 18th – AmyLou BBQ and Jazz night at the Sun Pub, Godalming.
• June 24th Surrey Three Peaks - Mike McConnell and his team signed up for the challenge on our behalf
• July 17th - Hoebridge Golf Club charity day
• July 20th – Univar Charity Golf Day
• July 30th - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce took on the Olympic Road Cycle course in the Ride London 100 Mile Cycle Sportive
• August 4th - Seymour Golf Day at the West Surrey Golf Club
• August 12th John Walsh band, at The Swan, Ash Vale
• August 29th Seniors Captains Day at John O'Gaunt Golf Club
• September 8th – Hazelmere Rotary Club golf day at Foxbridge Golf Club
• September 8th & 9th - Haslemere Beer Festival
• September 9th - Boxing Match, Farnham
• September 16th - Weybridge Male Voice Choir Autumn Concert. Nearly £800 raised from the retiring collection, thank you!
• September 17th - LEJOG cycle ride by Alistair Collins. 969 miles in just 9 days! And over £6,000 raised!!
• September 17th - Deloitte Ride Across Britain LEJOG by Russell Johnson - over £3,000 raised!
• September 20th - Annual Members Meeting at Royal Surrey County Hospital
• October 7th - Live music from Side Project at The Bear in Hungerford
• October 14th Sammy Rimington Jazz Band - a fabulous jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club, with thanks to Barry Price for his support
• October 14th Saddle Sand Sea Black Tie Charity Ball - amazing night of fundraising
• October 15th - Colin Mason completed the inaugural Birmingham International Marathon, raising £1,225!
• October 20th - 9am-3pm Prostate Project stall at The Pepperpot, Godalming High Street.
• November 8th - Colin Stokes to give a talk to Cranleigh Lions
• November 13th-16th - Longacres Garden Centre Christmas raffle - the best ever raffle! Nearly £3,500 raised!
• November 25th - fabulous Classical Folk concert at Compton Village Hall, raising over £1,000!
• Jan 8th 2018 – spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Sir Tom Jones, Eric Clapton, Sir Eric Clapton. Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford.
• Jan 22nd Final leg of the epic Sand Saddle Sea triathlon : Paddy Montgomery & Seamus Crawford have spent last 3 year undertaking: Saddle: Race 2,933 miles across France in 12 days Sand: Run 156 miles (6 marathons) across the Sahara desert in 6 days. Sea: Row 3,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, the world’s second largest ocean. Over £100k raised. Truly awesome achievement.
• February 13th - PP chosen to be Guildford Pancake Races charity. Over £750 raised!
• March 20 -24 March – Haslemere Players presented hilarious production of 'The Full Monty' - all in aid of the Prostate Project
• May 10th - Jackie Alliss PRO-AM Golf Day - blessed with glorious blue skies, another hugely successful fundraising day for the Prostate Project
•June 21-25th 2018 - Dicken Richards , Luke Moorhead and Peter Jones, are training to undertake the 5 Peaks Challenge; ascend and descend Snowdon, Scaffell Pike, Ben Nevis, Slieve Donard and finally Carrantuohill in under 48hrs!
Their fundraising target is £3,500.
•July 28–29th 2018 - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce are undertaking the epic Olympic Road Cycle course in the Ride London 100 Mile Cycle Sportive, all in aid of the Prostate Project.
• July 8th - Macmillan Classic Car Show, Clandon Park House Guildford
• September 7-8th Haslemere Beer Festival - Returning for their 12th year! Over 50 real ales and ciders plus new for this year a Gin Bar at the Saturday sessions! Live music in the evenings and great food too. Raffle to be held in aid of the Prostate Project
• July 17th - Hoebridge Charity Golf Day. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
•October 20th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club. Enjoy a relaxed evening of fabulous jazz as Sammy Rimington Band join us for one night only on their international tour. Supper included. Tickets: email@example.com
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 4%.