giving men a better chance of beating prostate cancer
• August 4th - Seymour Golf Day at the West Surrey Golf Club
• August 12th John Walsh band, at The Swan, Ash Vale
• August 29th Seniors Captains Day at John O'Gaunt Golf Club
• September 8th – Hazelmere Rotary Club golf day at Foxbridge Golf Club
• September 8th & 9th - Haslemere Beer Festival
• September 9th - Boxing Match, Farnham
• September 16th - Weybridge Male Voice Choir Autumn Concert. Nearly £800 raised from the retiring collection, thank you!
• September 17th - LEJOG cycle ride by Alistair Collins. 969 miles in just 9 days! And over £6,000 raised!!
• September 17th - Deloitte Ride Across Britain LEJOG by Russell Johnson - over £3,000 raised!
• September 20th - Annual Members Meeting at Royal Surrey County Hospital
• October 7th - Live music from Side Project at The Bear in Hungerford
• October 14th Sammy Rimington Jazz Band - a fabulous jazz night at Puttenham Golf Club, with thanks to Barry Price for his support
• October 14th Saddle Sand Sea Black Tie Charity Ball - amazing night of fundraising
• October 15th - Colin Mason completed the inaugural Birmingham International Marathon, raising £1,225!
• October 20th - 9am-3pm Prostate Project stall at The Pepperpot, Godalming High Street.
• November 8th - Colin Stokes to give a talk to Cranleigh Lions
• November 13th-16th - Longacres Garden Centre Christmas raffle - the best ever raffle! Nearly £3,500 raised!
• November 25th - fabulous Classical Folk concert at Compton Village Hall, raising over £1,000!
• Jan 8th 2018 – spectacular and hugely successful charity gig, 'Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford', with secret celebrity guests - Sir Tom Jones, Eric Clapton, Sir Eric Clapton. Paul Jones & Friends at GLive, Guildford.
• Jan 22nd Final leg of the epic Sand Saddle Sea triathlon : Paddy Montgomery & Seamus Crawford have spent last 3 year undertaking: Saddle: Race 2,933 miles across France in 12 days Sand: Run 156 miles (6 marathons) across the Sahara desert in 6 days. Sea: Row 3,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, the world’s second largest ocean. Over £100k raised. Truly awesome achievement.
• February 13th - PP chosen to be Guildford Pancake Races charity. Over £750 raised!
• March 20 -24 March – Haslemere Players presented hilarious production of 'The Full Monty' - all in aid of the Prostate Project
• May 10th - Jackie Alliss PRO-AM Golf Day - blessed with glorious blue skies, another hugely successful fundraising day for the Prostate Project
• June 21-25th 2018 - Dicken Richards , Luke Moorhead and Peter Jones successfully completed the 5 Peaks Challenge; ascended and descended Snowdon, Scaffell Pike, Ben Nevis, Slieve Donard and finally Carrantuohill in under 47hrs 30 mins! Wow! Donate at:https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/5peaksfundraiser
• July 8th - Macmillan Classic Car Show, Clandon Park House Guildford
• July 17th - Hoebridge Charity Golf Day
• July 19th - Univar Golf Day
• July 28–29th - Ride London. A team of riders from Salesforce raised phenomenal £13,000!
• September 7-8th Haslemere Beer Festival - over £1,000 raised from the raffle!
• September 22nd - Free PSA testing at the Georgian Hotel, Haslemere
• October 20th - Sammy Rimington Jazz Night at Puttenham Golf Club - a fab evening and about £3,000 raised!
•November 19th - is International Men's Day. As 1 in 8 men will get Prostate Cancer, Virtual Racing has devised an 8 mile challenge - run, walk, cycle or TRI. Virtual Racing has nominated the Prostate Project and 20% of every fee will come to us. Simply sign up to the Virtual Race, complete the virtual challenge, send proof and wear your medal with pride. For more info and to sign up, visit:https://www.virtualracinguk.co.uk/collections/open-virtual-challenges/products/november-1-in-8
• August 3-4th - Ride London
• November 17th - Shalford Christmas Charity Sale at Shalford Village Hall, 10am - 2pm
• November 26th Open Meeting "Empowering the Immune System to Conquer Cancer". Join our cancer research team at the Guildford Harbour Hotel, Guildford, where they will present details about their work into this exciting new cancer treatment. 19.00-21.00. Free to attend but book at place at: www.eventbrite.com
• April 1st 2019 - John O'Gaunt Charity Golf Day
• June 20th 2019 - Univar Charity Golf Day
•December 14th - Rushmoor Odd Fellows Male Voice Choir concert at Malting Farnham. 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm. Join us for a fun evening of entertainment and music ranging from male voice classics to show tunes and popular songs with the odd Christmas song thrown in! Tickets £12.50 from Farnham Maltings Box Office.
•January 8th 2019 - after the hugely successful concert last year, when friends such as Sir Tom Jones, Eric Clapton and Van Morrison performed, we are so excited to announce another Paul Jones & Friends gig at G-Live, Guildford. Details tba.
Copyright © The Prostate Project. All Rights Reserved. Tel 07724465883 firstname.lastname@example.org Charity No. 1078523
We’re delighted that you are interested in becoming involved and wanting to support us, either by fundraising, participating in events or raising awareness of prostate cancer. Your amazing efforts really will help us to make sure that men are given a better chance of beating cancer. There are all sorts of events available for you to participate in – take a look at our events to find out details of how to join in or to get some inspiration. There are physical challenges like runs, golf days and cycle races, or social events such as concerts and open gardens. You may want to do your own thing to raise money for us, be it climbing in a bath of beans, holding a quiz night or climbing Everest!
Do get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Any funds you raise will help us to support the ground breaking research being undertaken by our team at the University of Surrey and help us to provide equipment, specialist nursing staff and an active support group. We rely on fundraisers for 99% of our support so you really are very important. We pride ourselves in being run largely by volunteers and keeping our admin costs below 4%.